TrueVault builds software tools that help companies protect personal data. We believe if companies have access to products that make personal data protection simple, straightforward, and fully automated, taking better care of personal data becomes the sensible default. And we all benefit from that.
We first launched TrueVault Safe 5 years ago and it is now a profitable product trusted by hundreds of companies around the world. While Safe directly protects and secures Personal Data, it doesn't help automate common compliance tasks end-to-end or proactively alert companies to potential data security problems. We believe that these organization-level protections will only become more critical as regulation and consumer preferences increase demand for data security and responsible use. To that end, in March we launched Atlas.
TrueVault Atlas aspires to help companies better understand how personal data is collected, stored, and retained. Today, TrueVault Atlas automatically maps out every piece of personal data in an organization. With a full index, TrueVault Atlas can automatically verify the adherence of personal data policies and automate many of an organization's legal obligations. In the future, it will orchestrate the automated sunsetting of personal data and ensure personal data is processed in ways that align with an organization's privacy guidelines and regulatory requirements.
You will be joining a team that is small, experienced, and passionate about building software well.
We believe in:
- Minimizing waste by working iteratively and iterating on the way we work
- Learning from our failures, and building systems that don't fail the same way twice
- Being pragmatic in our approach to design and implementation and being thoughtful about the business context of our work
- Designing security into a system, not layering it on top
- Supporting our customers from initial planning, through development, to production
About the Role
This is a broad role; you'll work on every part of the product's code and infrastructure. Your ideas and goals will affect not just the technical side, but the products we build and the company's overall direction. You'll develop a sense of ownership of the product, and the company itself.
- Atlas is written in Kotlin, React, and TypeScript. BitBucket Pipelines run the automated tests and build deployment artifacts via packer.
- Atlas can be deployed both as an on-prem solution and as a fully-managed cloud solution.
You may be a good fit if:
You have a breadth of experience in application development and infrastructure automation. You enjoy working across multiple technologies to deliver pragmatic solutions quickly. You want to join an entrepreneurial team where you will maintain and extend existing production services as well as rapidly iterate on new product ideas.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert knowledge in Java, .NET, or another statically typed language
- Experience deploying and running production software
What TrueVault can offer you:
- Work Remotely. You have the option to work remotely (we have a 100% distributed, remote engineering team) or work in our dog-friendly SF office. Your call.
- Opportunities for Professional Growth. We believe the best way to expand someone’s professional horizon is to let them participate and have a say. At TrueVault, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to:
- Participate, for example, in sales and product feedback calls to hear what people say about the product you work on firsthand.
- Ask why we do certain things a specific way and expect data-centric answers.
- Voice your praises and concerns during our company-wide retrospective that takes place after our weekly town halls.
- High-Quality Codebase. Automated tests and Continuous Delivery are ways we make sure our codebase won’t be nightmarish to work on.
- Respectful Inclusive Workplace. We don’t do bro culture. We are family friendly. Our team members come from many different backgrounds; we work and think differently from each other, and that’s a very good thing.
- Work/Life Balance. Work/life balance and health are important to us. To that end, we don’t work “crazy startup hours”, we provide unlimited sick days, a wellness stipend, and a generous PTO policy.
- Flat organization. We are a small and collaborative team. We value every team member; if you join us, you will fill a crucial role and have a significant impact, both on our customers and the company.
- We offer salaries nearly on par with FAANG companies + generous equity
- Excellent medical/dental/vision coverage
- TrueVault pays 99% of healthcare costs (PPO) for our employee, their spouse, and their dependents.
- TrueVault pays 100% of dental and vision coverage for our employee, their spouse, and their dependents.
- Personal wellness budget to spend on gym membership, fitness classes, spa, etc.
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation
- Snacks and goodies in the office
- Remote work available (fully distributed team) or work from our homey San Francisco office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.