About the Team
TrueVault builds software tools that help companies protect personal data. We believe if companies have access to products that make personal data protection simple, straightforward, and fully automated, taking better care of personal data becomes the sensible default. And we all benefit from that.
We first launched TrueVault Safe 5 years ago and it is now a profitable product trusted by hundreds of companies around the world. While Safe directly protects and secures Personal Data, it’s not designed to automate common compliance tasks end-to-end or proactively alert companies to potential data protection problems. We believe that these organization-level protections will only become more critical as regulation and consumer preferences increase demand for data protection and responsible use. To that end, in March we launched Atlas.
TrueVault Atlas aspires to help companies better understand how personal data is collected, stored, and retained. Today, TrueVault Atlas automatically maps out every piece of personal data in an organization. With a full index, TrueVault Atlas can automatically verify the adherence of personal data policies and automate many of an organization's legal obligations. In the future, it will orchestrate the automated sunsetting of personal data and ensure personal data is processed in ways that align with an organization's privacy guidelines and regulatory requirements.
You will be joining a team that is small, experienced, and passionate about building software well.
We believe in:
- Minimizing waste by working iteratively and iterating on the way we work
- Learning from our failures, and building systems that don't fail the same way twice
- Being pragmatic in our approach to design and implementation and being thoughtful about the business context of our work
- Designing usability and security into a system, not layering it on top
- Supporting our customers from initial planning, through development, to production
About the Role
At TrueVault, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a group of experienced entrepreneurs and builders who have a track record of successfully launching large-scale products and services that are collectively impacting millions of people around the world.
As the first Product Manager for a new product, you’ll be building products, designing product strategy, and will gain exposure to a wide range of challenges. You will have the freedom to run with product ideas and work with an amazing team of engineers and designers to make them a reality. You will also be a leader on a small team that we expect to grow quickly as we continue to rapidly scale.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship and are a passionate entrepreneur
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- You’re a creative product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design, and sales
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You’re motivated by the chance to improve the lives of your customers
- You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- You have experience working on B2B products
- You have 5+ years of experience in a product role
What TrueVault can offer you:
- Flat organization. We are a small and collaborative team. We value every team member; if you join us, you will fill a crucial role and have a significant impact, both on our customers and the company.
- Leadership and Support. You’ll work closely with the CEO on product vision, along with the support and collaboration of teams such as sales and engineering. You’ll have a chance to both lead and to lean on others for input, collaboration and support.
- Respectful Inclusive Workplace. We don’t do bro culture. We are family friendly. Our team members come from many different backgrounds; we work, think, and look differently from each other, and that’s a very good thing.
- Work/Life Balance. Work/life balance and health are important to us. To that end, we don’t work “crazy startup hours”, we provide unlimited sick days, a wellness stipend, and a generous PTO policy.
- We offer salaries nearly on par with FAANG companies + generous equity
- Excellent medical/dental/vision coverage
- TrueVault pays 99% of healthcare costs (PPO) for our employee, their spouse, and their dependents.
- TrueVault pays 100% of dental and vision coverage for our employee, their spouse, and their dependents.
- Personal wellness budget to spend on gym membership, fitness classes, spa, etc.
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation
- Snacks and goodies in the office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.